Skip to main content

What a Nasty Job – What a Lovely Reward

One of the special tasks on the calendar today was to spend an hour cleaning and organizing the kitchen. To the outside observer my kitchen is clean and organized. And its true, I keep my counters cleaned off and wiped down. The cabinets I use to store my pots, pans and dishes are clean and for the most part well organized. My kitchen sink is usually free of dirty dishes. And I clean as I cook, so when dinner is ready, most of the dirty dishes I used to cook with are in dishwasher or the sink ready to be cleaned. However, there are those locations in my kitchen where I do the stash and dash. Most are clean enough but there is absolutely no organization whatsoever. But then, there’s the cabinet under my kitchen sink. I hate to admit it but it’s just icky.

Here it is:

Dun, dun, dun. It’s sad, I know. And, from the picture you can’t even see all of the gunk that’s leaked from all those mostly empty (now anyway) bottles. So, besides cleaning out my fridge and giving my appliances a scrub I tackled the nastiness under my kitchen sink. And so, without further ado I give you my clean and organized cabinet.

Ta Da!

I ditched several empty bottles, dried out wipes and used scrubbers, combined half bottles of the same product, and found plastic containers with lids to store items that are usually sold in a box or bag that gets all smushed and icky under the sink. My fridge was ready to be restocked with the water & soda stored under there so that left a lot of empty space. I also pulled out one of those handy dandy 3M Command hooks and hung the doo-hicky my plastic shopping bags are stored in on the cabinet door.

Isn’t it nice to finally get in and take care of those icky places in our homes? It’s such a lovely reward to look at them afterward. I think I’ll go take another look. LOL

Have a great day,
B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confession Time

Ok, so I have to confess,  I spent too much time online this morning and didn't get all of my list completed.  I didn't get down into the basement today and my pile of paperwork was untouched.  Oh well, its a work in progress and I'm a work in progress.  My checklist for Saturday and Sunday are light so I can pick up what I don't get done then or just wait until next week.  The paperwork is a weekly activity and the basement is ongoing. So are you ready for tomorrow?  I'm kinda excited for tomorrow, because each Tuesday is organization day for a new room or closet and tomorrow is the laundry room.  I have been walking through this room for awhile now thinking "I have to get this picked up and better organized."  So tomorrow is the day!  I will try to post pictures tomorrow evening. I had a comment about the checklist being a bit overwhelming.  Please don't let it be.  Make quick work of it and don't let other things th...