Skip to main content

What a Nasty Job – What a Lovely Reward

One of the special tasks on the calendar today was to spend an hour cleaning and organizing the kitchen. To the outside observer my kitchen is clean and organized. And its true, I keep my counters cleaned off and wiped down. The cabinets I use to store my pots, pans and dishes are clean and for the most part well organized. My kitchen sink is usually free of dirty dishes. And I clean as I cook, so when dinner is ready, most of the dirty dishes I used to cook with are in dishwasher or the sink ready to be cleaned. However, there are those locations in my kitchen where I do the stash and dash. Most are clean enough but there is absolutely no organization whatsoever. But then, there’s the cabinet under my kitchen sink. I hate to admit it but it’s just icky.

Here it is:

Dun, dun, dun. It’s sad, I know. And, from the picture you can’t even see all of the gunk that’s leaked from all those mostly empty (now anyway) bottles. So, besides cleaning out my fridge and giving my appliances a scrub I tackled the nastiness under my kitchen sink. And so, without further ado I give you my clean and organized cabinet.

Ta Da!

I ditched several empty bottles, dried out wipes and used scrubbers, combined half bottles of the same product, and found plastic containers with lids to store items that are usually sold in a box or bag that gets all smushed and icky under the sink. My fridge was ready to be restocked with the water & soda stored under there so that left a lot of empty space. I also pulled out one of those handy dandy 3M Command hooks and hung the doo-hicky my plastic shopping bags are stored in on the cabinet door.

Isn’t it nice to finally get in and take care of those icky places in our homes? It’s such a lovely reward to look at them afterward. I think I’ll go take another look. LOL

Have a great day,
B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So back in 2016, I introduced the Super Summer Spiff Up.  It didn't go much of anywhere because, let's face it, I'm not a good blogger.  But I keep trying.  So today is a new day, and I will try again.  Yesterday I sat down and created a calendar for the month of June with projects I want to complete.  Here it is: I'm sure you don't need to complete the same projects as me, but if you want to download my calendar, you can do that here .  I also have a blank calendar that you can fill in with the projects you would like to complete in June.  You can download it here . I will only have a June Super Summer Spiff Up calendar because the Clean House Calendar Fall Cleaning Schedule starts July 18.  I should have Clean House Calendars ready to purchase by the last week in June. I don't know if they will be in my Etsy or TPT store.  I will let you know soon.  Enjoy, B.