Skip to main content

Welcome to The Clean House

Welcome to The Clean House.  I have been playing around for a while with this idea of editing a blog about having a clean and organized home.  I know there are those of you out there who have been to my home and will say to yourself, possibly others and maybe even me, "She has no business writing a blog about having a clean and organized home."  And, you may be right.  But, my house is clean and organized by most peoples standards and my goal is to live in a home that is show ready at all times.  Thus, the reason for this blog.  I have a plan to get my home cleaned and organized enough that everyone, even Martha would say I have a right to write this blog.  And, I thought I would share it.  You are more than welcome to join me in this little adventure to tidiness or just peek in to see how I'm doing.

Before I start I need to give credit to a few people.  First, Flylady.  She and her team turned me on to the idea of routines.   Second, The Holiday Gran Plan Group over at Yahoo Groups.  I like how they focus on one room at time.  Third, Motivated Moms.  I like the whole checklist idea.  Flylady and the Holiday Grand plan do that as well, just not quite so neatly.

So are you ready to get started?

Here is today's checklist:
     Morning
          Make bed(s).
          Empty dishwasher.
          Prepare for dinner.
          Kitchen cleanup.
          Check planner.
          Take vitamins/medication.
          Start load of laundry.
          Do morning pick-up/straighten.

     Anytime
          Bible study/quiet time.
          Exercise.
          Sort mail/do daily paperwork.
          Spot clean bathrooms.
          Replace towels in bathrooms.
          Sweep/vacuum.
          Sweep porches.
          Do weekly paperwork.
          Clean out purse.
          Work in basement for 30 minutes.

     Evening
          Kitchen clean-up.
          Sweep kitchen.
          Empty kitchen trash.
          Start dishwasher.
          Replace dish towels.
          Finish load of laundry.
          Do evening pick-up/straighten.
          Check planner.
          Take vitamins/medication.

If you would like to download this weeks checklist you can get it here.

I can't wait to hear how you did.  I will post tomorrow's list later today.  Now I've got to go get to work.

B.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So back in 2016, I introduced the Super Summer Spiff Up.  It didn't go much of anywhere because, let's face it, I'm not a good blogger.  But I keep trying.  So today is a new day, and I will try again.  Yesterday I sat down and created a calendar for the month of June with projects I want to complete.  Here it is: I'm sure you don't need to complete the same projects as me, but if you want to download my calendar, you can do that here .  I also have a blank calendar that you can fill in with the projects you would like to complete in June.  You can download it here . I will only have a June Super Summer Spiff Up calendar because the Clean House Calendar Fall Cleaning Schedule starts July 18.  I should have Clean House Calendars ready to purchase by the last week in June. I don't know if they will be in my Etsy or TPT store.  I will let you know soon.  Enjoy, B.