Skip to main content

My Progress

I didn't get a chance yesterday to update you on my progress.  So I'm doing it now.  Yesterday, was the weekly paperwork day.  I hadn't cleaned out this area of my desk in quite some time and I don't know about you but for me this is a dumping ground.  Anything I don't want to deal with right away or I just want off the rest of my desk gets stuck in the top tray of my organizer.  And as you can see from the pictures below a lot of other stuff gets stuck in other areas as well.






Here is what it looks like now.







So much nicer.  I just hope I can keep it that way.  By eliminating several items in the vertical files area I found a location for the books I'm reading at the moment and so I was able to get rid of pile on my desk.  Yippee!  More space to scrap!

Ok, now on to today's project.  This weeks area to organize was the linen closet.  I forgot to take a before picture but here is my after.




The floor looks pretty much the same just  a little less cluttered.  Extra pillows, a throw rug for when we have guests in the winter who need a place to leave their wet boots by the front door and the plastic storage container that holds all of our pool toys.  Laying on top is my dd pool bag.  She uses this throughout the year for swim lessons and winter trips to the indoor pools. 

On the first shelf from the floor is our beach towels and extra large bath towels.  The next shelf up holds the sheets for the master bedroom and my dd's room.

We don't have a medicine cabinet in any of our bathrooms so I keep all of our medicines and first aid supplies, along with some extra toiletries on the third shelf.

And finally on the top I have a few lap blankets that I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of, sheets and a clock for when we have overnight guests and in the basket extra mis-matched sheets.  I thought they were ugly just laying on the shelf so I hid them.  I can't just get rid of them because as soon as I do my dh will come in and say, "Hun, do you have and old sheet or something?"  This question never ceases to baffle me.  Why would I keep a sheet that was so worn out that its only good to sop up oil or whatever your going to do with it and then throw it away?  However, "no" is not an exceptable answer.  Because then he might say, "How about an old blanket or something?"  For those of you who don't know me, I collect old quilts, so the answer is, "NO!  NO, NO, NO!"  So when I hear this question, I always say "Well, let me see."  And then I find a sheet.  Thus, one of the reasons I have a mis-matched sheets and why I can't throw them away.

So that's it.  That's what I've been up to the last couple of days.  I would love to hear what you've been doing.

Here is Wednesday's checklist.

Morning

Make bed(s).
Empty dishwasher.
Prepare for dinner.
Kitchen cleanup.
Check planner.
Take vitamins/medication.
Start load of laundry.
Do morning pick-up/straighten.

Anytime
Bible study/quiet time.
Exercise.
Sort mail/do daily paperwork.
Spot clean bathrooms.
Replace towels in bathrooms.
Sweep porches.
Work in basement for 30 minutes.
Craft/Hobby time

Evening
Kitchen clean-up.
Sweep kitchen.
Empty kitchen trash.
Start dishwasher.
Replace dish towels.
Finish load of laundry.
Do evening pick-up/straighten.
Check planner.
Take vitamins/medication.

Enjoy, B.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So back in 2016, I introduced the Super Summer Spiff Up.  It didn't go much of anywhere because, let's face it, I'm not a good blogger.  But I keep trying.  So today is a new day, and I will try again.  Yesterday I sat down and created a calendar for the month of June with projects I want to complete.  Here it is: I'm sure you don't need to complete the same projects as me, but if you want to download my calendar, you can do that here .  I also have a blank calendar that you can fill in with the projects you would like to complete in June.  You can download it here . I will only have a June Super Summer Spiff Up calendar because the Clean House Calendar Fall Cleaning Schedule starts July 18.  I should have Clean House Calendars ready to purchase by the last week in June. I don't know if they will be in my Etsy or TPT store.  I will let you know soon.  Enjoy, B.